Sunday, March 4, 2012

Chest closure tomorrow

Jensen had a fabulous night again! He is doing so well getting rid of fluid, he looks great! He is getting ready to start getting breast milk through the NG tube again. His color looks much better today too.

Chest closure should be starting at about 830 in the morning. Dr.Fuller will be doing external stitches (vs ones that dissolve internally) because he has been open for so long they don't want to risk infection. His chest tube should come out on Tuesday and extubation on Tuesday or Wednesday . They are still discussing taking out his RA line (measures pressure in his right atrium). If they do decide to take it out we will get to hold him very soon!! I can't wait! I haven't held my boy since Feb 24. I'm so so so proud of how well Jensen is doing! I'm one lucky mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment