Monday, June 11, 2012

Philly in 5...4...3 days!

Wow, time is going by so quickly! We will be northbound this week! Jensen had a cardio appt in Cary today with Dr. Robinson. I swear that place feels like our second home; we are there so often, but mostly because the staff is so wonderful. We are lucky to have found them =) 

I got to carry my baby IN MY ARMS into the office and only had to bring along one small diaper bag. This was incredibly easy compared to our normal set-up: Jensen in the carseat, attached to the stroller. Bottom of stroller holds our notebooks and NG tube supplies/milk. Food pump hanging on one side of the stroller, with the huge jam-packed diaper bag on the other. I joked with the nurses that we look like a train wreck coming through the doors! lol! Have I mentioned how much I love Jensen being sans-tube?! 

Anyway, this appointment lasted for a mere 17 minutes! Most of that time was spent marveling over how wonderful Jensen is doing =) Jensen schmoozed all the nurses and showed off his super cute giggles. Dr. Robinson (and the rest of the staff) were very impressed with him. They said he looked pink and healthy, his sats and BP were great, and his heart/lungs sounded good. This was the first appt that we haven't had an echo because we are having one when we get to CHOP on Friday. Dr. R was totally comfortable not doing an echo, which makes me totally comfortable with it too. 

After that appointment, I feel a lot less anxious about the Stage II. I asked a lot of questions today and although I already knew the answers to most of them, I like hearing it from Dr. Robinson. He explains everything in a way that makes me feel more at ease about the surgery and everything that goes with it. Please keep us in your prayers this week as we prepare for our trip. I'm hoping that the trip up to Philly is as stress-free as possible so we can focus on the important stuff when we get to CHOP. Hope you all have a great week!

oh and....SPOILER ALERT: for my next blog I plan to refresh your memory on HLHS and the staged reconstructive surgeries. For those of you who want to know the anatomy of the defect and what the surgeries entail...stay tuned! I'm hoping that the more I post the facts about Jensen's CHD, the more people will be aware and pass along this information =)

Daddy's turn to dress Jensen! 

I love this sweet face

I've tried every tummy time trick I know and he still just lays there...hanging out with his puppy. Stinker. 

Mommy and Jensen day <3



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, he looks SO GOOD!!! Can hardly believe it! Good luck next week - will keep you in our prayers!

    Heart hugs,
    Amy & Bodie

    ReplyDelete