Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Super Baby!!

Wow, its been a while since I posted! We have been very busy being normal :) I am loving every minute of the post-Glenn life!! Jensen goes everywhere with me. We go to Target, the grocery store...I even took him to BABIES R US! (Which I have not ventured into since he was born for fear of snot nose germ spreaders other kids) 

We still have lots of appointments to go to but they are gradually getting more spaced out. Jensen's cardiology appointments are only once a month now. His last appointment went well and his heart function looked great. Echos are getting a lot more difficult with a squirmy five month old! We have to pull out every trick we know and basically put on a Broadway show just to keep him entertained. I suspect it won't be long and we will be needing to do sedated echoes. 

Jensen has been doing great with nursing, he eats like a champ! Its so easy to not have to pack 14 different bags just to run across town! I don't need any pumps, bags, syringes, bottles, thickener, formula.... He's low maintenance these days! I'm not sure if he's gained weight because **gasp** I haven't been weighing him ;) Its a very liberating/scary feeling knowing that my "normal" baby doesn't need daily weight checks. Our cardio told us that post-Glenn most kids stall out on their weight gain. In addition to that, around 6-8 months all babies slow down on growing, so its perfectly normal for him to not gain much right now. 

We had Jensen's physical therapy evaluation last week and his first PT session was yesterday. Our PT said that when she scored Jensen's evaluation, he didn't score delayed in any area!! I am amazed! He is on the low end of the normal range, but that is far better than anyone expected. He improves drastically from week to week. He is kicking butt and taking names with his PT homework. I am so proud of him!


Everyone knows a hero needs a cape. Thank you Heart Heroes!!


He really is a Super Baby <3

No comments:

Post a Comment